Adobe InDesign Add-Ons
Multi-Find/Change for Adobe InDesign and InCopy
Execute multiple Find/change queries at a click of a button!
Multi-Find/Change (MFC) is a scripted plug-in for Adobe InDesign and InCopy (CS4/CS5.x/CS6) to manage and execute batches of saved Find/Change queries. MFC is the ideal tool for those who rely (or want to rely) on Find/Change queries to correct and/or format text.
Why should you buy it?
» Manage Find/Change queries easily
Organize Find/Change Queries Into Sets
Execute Multiple Find/Change Queries
Export, Import and Share Sets
Rename and Delete Find/Change Queries
English demo by Cari Jansen
French demo by Pierre Labbe from Experts-Graphiques
• Version 1.01 - Initial release (06/06/2010)
• Version 1.02 - (09/05/2011)
• Provides compatibility with Adobe InDesign (or InCopy) CS5.x/CS6.
• You can now assign to a Find/Change query an external setting to convert it’s results to UPPERCASE, lowercase or Title Case.
• Executes shared sub-sets.
• Allows importing Find/Change queries from other version of Adobe InDesign (or InCopy), as well as existing MFC sets.
• Allows importing loose Find/Change queries from any folder into Adobe InDesign (or InCopy) user preferences folder.
• Allows exporting loose Find/Change queries from the user preferences folder into any folder.
The trial version of MFC is a fully functional version with no time limit. The only limitation is that you can execute only the top two Find/Change queries from a set or selection.
MFC is platform independent; the same software will run on Adobe InDesign or InCopy (CS4/CS5.x/CS6) on the Mac OS or Windows.
You can purchase MFC directly from our Web store.
eSellerate Inc. is our eCommerce partner and will provide payment services, receipt and serial number delivery.
After purchasing MFC you will receive an email with the receipt of your purchase that will also include a serial number and the software download link. The serial number will be used to unlock the limitations of the trial version.
If you purchased multiple copies in a single order, you will receive a single serial number that will activate as many copies you have purchased.
After Purchase Services
If you have any questions or want report a problem, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to report a defect or flaw with MFC, please make sure you mention:
• Quit Adobe InDesign (or InCopy)
• Extract MultiFindChange folder from MultiFindChange.zip
• Double-click MultiFindChange.zip
• Right-click on MultiFindChange.zip, and then choose Extract All
• When presented with the Extraction Wizard dialog box, click Next
• Use the default location (the current directory)
• When the extraction is complete, click Finish
• Copy MutiFindChange folder into the “Scripts” Folder, inside Adobe InDesign (or InCopy) folder.
/Applications/Adobe InDesign [CS4/CS5.x/CS6]/Scripts
/Applications/Adobe InCopy [CS4/CS5.x/CS6]/Scripts
Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
[Drive]:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign [CS4/CS5.x/CS6]\Scripts
[Drive]:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InCopy[CS4/CS5.x/CS6]\Scripts
Important: The MultiFindChange Folder should be at the top level of the Scripts folder. Only one version of the MultiFindChange Folder is allowed in the Scripts Folder, even if the folder has been renamed.
• Enable Access For Assistive Devices (Mac OS Only)
You need to enable access to assistive devices for MFC to automatically open the Find/Change editor when loading a query.
To enable Access For Assistive Devices:
• Open System Preferences from either the Dock or the Apple menu
• Click on the Universal Access icon
• Check Enable Access for Assistive Devices
• Quit System Preferences
1 - Quit Adobe InDesign (or InCopy).
After purchasing MFC through our Web store you need to activate the plug-in using the serial number you will receive via email. You should keep the serial number in case you ever need to re-activate MFC (if you change computers, or reinstall the operating system, for example).
To activate MFC you need to enter the serial number in the trial version of the software. The trial version will become a full working version. The trial version can be downloaded from this page. If you have ordered multiple copies in a single order, you will receive a single serial number that will activate as many copies you have purchased.
The license is computer based, which means that you can activate Adobe InDesign and InCopy (CS4/CS5//CS5.5) if they are installed in the same computer.
After purchasing MFC, you will need to wait about 20 minutes for the activation servers to be update. You might get the error message "Unknown Serial Number" if the activation servers are not updated.
1 - Start Adobe InDesign (or InCopy).
When MFC is successfully activated, the serial number is displayed in the lower right corner of the panel.
If you have activated MFC and want to move the license to another computer, you need to deactivate MFC.
1 - Start Adobe InDesign (or InCopy).
Once MFC has been successfully deactivated, it will default to trial mode ("Trial Version" will appear in the lower right corner of the MFC panel).
You are allowed a maximum of 3 deactivations.
Adobe InDesign and InCopy (Mac OS and Windows)
When loading a Find/Change query from the MFC panel, it will open Find/Change editor but won't select the correct tab (query category), nor it will select the name of the query in the 'Query' drop-down menu.
If you delete a query using MFC and have the Find/Change editor opened, the 'Query' list will not be updated until you close and re-open the editor.
Adobe InDesign and InCopy CS4 (Windows)
The text shortcuts (Ctrl-V, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X) won't work on most modal dialog box. The workaround is to use the contextual menu (right-click) and then choose the command you wish.